Indians - Spring 2004
Technical notes at bottom
- THANKS for all of the kind words about my photography. I insist in taking
only compliments and gratitude as payment. You've made it worth my time! :)
- The main photos have been compressed to 800 pixels high (or wide). This
yields photos about 80-250 KB in size. My Internet provider limits me to 384
Kbps upload. With a fast connection (i.e. DSL, cable Internet) it will take
about 3-4 seconds to download each photo. It will take 5-10 times longer with
a dial-up connection. (Sorry, that's the price you pay for better quality.)
- For each picture, you can see the size of the photo before compressing it,
and its name, below the picture. If you want the higher resolution photo,
please let me know. I can easily put these on my web server for you.
- I've also included a link to each 'album' that I uploaded the photos to
on ofoto. Note that you don't need a login to ofoto to view the photos, but
you will need to login if you want to order any prints.
- Almost all of the photos are set for a 5 x 7 print. A 4 x 6 print has a
slightly different height/width ratio (1.5 vs. 1.4) meaning that some of the
sides of the photo will be cropped if you get 4 x 6'es. They do have a nice
'print preview' function that lets you see exactly what you'll be getting.
This is also true if you want a 8 x 10 (1.25). If you really want an 8 x 10
of any photo, let me know. It's probably best if I crop it from the original
with an 8 x 10 in mind.
- No, I don't work at ofoto. I'm just a happy customer. :) Their rates are
reasonable (4 x 6 = $0.29, 5 x 7 = $1.00, 8 x 10 = $4.00, and a fee for shipping),
the quality is good (the prints I handed out are from ofoto), and you get
the photos in 2-3 business days.
- Please feel free to email me
with any special requests. At worst, it will take me a while to get to since
I have to put my paying job first.